Since starting a Paleo challenge earlier this month, I’ve been looking for simple ways to prep for meals and make something tasty at the same time. I came across this recipe in a Paleo cook book and absolutely loved it. Since I’m Greek, I added my own spin to it–The best thing about turkey is that you can flavor it with almost anything!
Paleo Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Fresh dill
- Fresh parsley
- 2 small onions
- Fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 eggs
- Seasonings: Oregano and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dice onions to be chopped very small. You don’t want to chew a big chunk of onion in a bite.
- Chop up the parsley and dill – I didn’t measure either, but probably had about 1/2 cup of chopped parsley and 1/4 cup of dill. I could have used more dill as I didn’t taste it enough after it cooked.
- Add the above ingredients to the ground turkey in a bowl.
- Add 2 eggs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- Add minced garlic (I didn’t use garlic, I used garlic powder, but fresh garlic would have given it great flavor. Use 2-3 cloves, minced).
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix everything together using your hands and form 5-6 burger patties.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a large frying pan, heat pan.
- Cook three at a time – I don’t have a specific time for cooking, but cook each for about 4 minutes on each side
- Serve with a side of vegetables!